- What are the most common IRC-commands ?
- When I chat, I see all those strange words and tokens, what do they mean?
- When I try to connect to a server, I get "Connection Attempt Time Out". What can I do
- Help !! I'm banned from a channel and I can't get in.
- Hello, I have this bot on my channel. I am in his database, but when I ask to op me, he does not respond. What can I do
|Joining a channel
||/join <channel > |
||/j < channel > |
|Leaving a channel
||/part [<channel> < text > ] |
|Changing you nick
||/nick <new-nick> |
|Opening a private conversation
||/query < nick > [text] |
||/quit [text] |
Chatters are lazy people by default. That's why they use a lot of abreviations. The most common are ...
||Laughing Out Loud|
||Rolling On the Floor Laughing|
||Away From Keyboard|
||Be Right Back|
||Be Back later|
||By The Way|
||In Real Life|
||In My Humble Opinion|
And because text can not display emotions, chatters use 'smileys'.
The trick is to place you head on your left shoulder. A little face shoud appear. The most common are ...
||You are Sad|
||You pok your tongue out|
||You are VERY unhappy|
Open your mIRC and hit Alt-O .
The "mIRC Options" tab will appear.
"Options" under the "Connect Tab" and increase your connection time.
Everybody can start their own channel, and can decide their own rules for who should be banned or should not be banned.
Normally, when you are banned from a channel, the operator (@) who banned you
had a pretty good reason.
This is what you _CAN_ do when you are
- Do not go back to that channel and chat somewhere else.
- Wait until the ban expires (usually someone removes it after a while).
- Private the operator who banned you and ask him if you can rejoin.
Sort things out with him, maybe he will
let you back in (command: /query < nickname > )
- If this does not help, you can try to contact the channel-owner.
can see his login by using /msg k chaninfo #channelname
What you should NOT do.
Everyone can set their OWN channel rules. The idea is that KreyNet itself will not interfere with these rules, so if someone wants to ban you for whatever
reason, he or she can do so.
- Do NOT contact an Oper with your problem. Opers are NOT allowed to
interfere in channel-matters.
- Do NOT mail to the abuse-team. They are NOT allowed to interfere in
First of all, we do not officially give support on bots. The only services we maintain is K, but everybody is free to run their own bots
on kreynet - as long as it is not exagerated and not disturbing other chatters or our network or the admin of the server. So you should contact the
owner of the bot for help. If you have questions about K, see further on the site, or join #irchelp.
But to help you, here are some hints for the most commonly used bots:
- Be sure to use the right OP-command (command: /msg < bot > OP <
password > [channel]).
- Be sure you use the right password. (It is case-sensitive. 'password' is
not the same as 'PASSWORD').
- It could be possible your host does not match with the host you have in
You can correct this with the IDENT-command (command: /msg <
bot> IDENT < password > < handle >).
The handle is the
'nick' by which you are registrated in the bot.
Then try to op you again.
NOTE: IDENT has been disabled by default in a bot. If the bot does not
returns anything, contact the person who gave you the bot.
- Make sure you still are in the bot's database. (works only if your host is
the same as the one that's in the bot).
You can do this by applying the
HELP-command (command: /msg < bot > HELP).
If you do NOT get a reply
to this, you are not in the bot's database.
Contact the person who gave
you the bot for more details.
- Contact the person who gave you the bot.
- join #irchelp and ask for help there.
Site optimized for a browser with support for style sheets.
Site (c) Krey Net's Webmaster
Feel free to contact us about anything at firstname.lastname@example.org
|What do you think about this site?
If you just take 1 minute to enter your
opinion in this box and press send,
you would be helping making this site even better.
Your opinion would be appreciated!
If you want me to know who you are, just make sure
your email address is included, but anonymous is fine too.
PS: We do not read these messages often, do not ask questions.
If you want to ask a question, mail to